Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update

Hello happy readers, I just thought I should pop in and make a few announcements for the upcoming week. I realize it's been longer than usual since my last post and for that I do apologize, it has been a week of sad news and rough times in the life of this writer. However, looking forward into the next, short stretch of time, there is some excitement brewing within the city of Guelph.

First, Friday, January 22nd at the Dublin Street Church, The Sadies are playing what I am going to guarantee as an amazing set. Their folk/bluegrass/country/rock n' roll sound has been an anticipation for me since first hearing of this show over a month ago, and the venue only seems to lend itself to a wonderful sound; to check out their music and who these masters of folk really are, visit

Secondly, I've caught wind and picked up a menu for a new restaurant in town which has caused me to reopen the books and ignite old rivalries within The Locale. W Sushi on Edinburgh Rd S is another of the all you can eat establishments in this city, and folks, this writer is once again hungry for more sushi; can W take the crown? Stay tuned, we'll know soon enough.

Amongst these two exciting outings, there are some other events lined up that I will be pleased to share and review as January continues and February rolls in. I appreciate the patience in the delay between posts and can only promise you at this point that more is yet to come.

Until then, happy eating, happy travels.

Phil

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for your review on the Sushie contender. Let's see what they have. Do you think you can do an Italian or Mexican cook off next? A little more variety on the food front would be appreciated. Glad to have your posts back! Keep them coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete