Monday, November 15, 2010

The Carden Street Gertrudes

It seems hard to catch up some times. I do my best to control and limit my writing to once a week; but sometimes so much happens in a short period of time that I truly learn the value of patience in writing.

Before I get too far ahead of myself and rush through my thoughts haphazardly, I thought it best to slow things down to one entry at a time; so, while my next couple of postings will revolve around experiences already had (i.e. Bollywood Bistro and learning how to catch, slaughter and dress a chicken), I thought that this entry should focus more on things that everyone would soon be able to share in; and oh what a party it will be.

Every now and then some genius of a mind finds a way of combining two lovable, delicious things and merges them together to create some hybrid of enlightenment that serves us all so well. Peanut butter and chocolate, for example, or how about chips and peanuts? Mmmmm, that perfect pairing of salty and savoury, sweet and succulent. Well, what if we were to take the deliciousness of a casual dining experience in downtown Guelph and then toss in a full dose of musical talent and excellence? What if you could eat at Carden Street cafe whilst taking in The Gertrudes in concert? Well, you can!

This Saturday, November 20th (that's one day before the Guelph Santa Clause Parade by the way), Carden Street is playing host to Kingston Band The Gertrudes (of former, highly praised Locale mention). There is no doubt in my mind that this pairing will be nothing short of incredible and my eagerness grows fonder as the days begin to count down. And if you're still not sold, then take into consideration that this band is currently on the short list for CBC's Bucky awards for Most Canadian Song. That's no small feat, and I think such efforts deserve our attention.
Tickets are $10 at the door; I recommend placing a reservation to ensure seating and food. The show starts at 10:00.
To check out The Gertrudes brand:

http://www.myspace.com/theothergertrudes

To vote for The Gertrudes on CBC:

http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/polls/?pollId=93

For Carden Street Cafe menu:

http://www.cardenstreetcafe.ca/

See you there...and I'll be back very soon!
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment