Saturday, June 26, 2010

Guelph Local Food Festival


For me a festival is a time of music, people, drink and sun; if you can throw a few good food vendors in there than I would be even happier, but rarely have I experienced something that can deliver on all fronts, never mind put food in the spotlight. Well, my friends, thanks to an email I received this morning, I've just become aware of a food festival taking place at the Ignatius Jesuit Center here in Guelph. That right an entire festival focusing on local eats!

Based on information from the Guelph Wellington website, there will be tours, workshops, cooking demonstrations, samples, music (including members of the Guelph guitar project) and to sweeten the deal the whole ordeal is free!

Learn to make jam, see the masters behind Ouderkirk and Taylor & The Cornerstone work their magic, or just wander around until something catches your eye. I'll most certainly have more to say on this event after tomorrow, for now I just wanted to help spread the word.

See you there!
Phil

5420 Hwy 6 N,
Guelph, ON
N1H 6N6

‎http://www.guelphwellingtonlocalfood.ca/fest

No comments:

Post a Comment