Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Events

So April is already a week in and it's been busy with no signs of stopping. It's always exciting to me when patio weather peaks it's head out from behind the winter veil and lifts our spirits; and while those under-the-umbrella-pints may not be in full swing just yet, the warmer temperatures are still doing well to bring people outside a little more, in addition to bringing some much anticipated buzz to the city.

To name a few happenings within the next couple weeks, here's a list of what to watch out for on the streets and on The Locale.

Thursday April 15th - Old Man Luedecke with Jessy Bell Smith, at The EBar (I vow not to miss Jessy Bell this time around, if you remember the Elliott Brood show, then you'll also remember I was a sad man for not seeing her set). Tickets are $8 with a non-perishable food item or $10, available at the door. Show at 10:00

Date TBA - Thai Fighters: Golden Basil, at my apartment. The battle will continue with much anticipation as Golden Basil puts its best contender into the ring, will they have what it takes to claim the belt?

Wednesday April 21st through Sunday April 25th
- Kazoo! Fest at various locations through the city. The lineup is insanely good. Bruce Peninsula, P.S. I Love You, Sean Nicholas Savage, The D;Ubervilles, Richard Laviolette & the Oil Spills, the list goes on so I recommend searching through the Kazoo! site for a full lineup and details.

May 1st and 2nd
- Jane's Walk through various city neighbourhoods. Okay, so it's not in April but it's worth mentioning well in advance, I could tell you the story of this growing idea but I think it truly best for you to research and get excited for it by yourself.

Of course I will report with feedback after each of these events, I just thought I'd share some word and hopefully some excitement with what the start of Spring has to offer us. I suppose the biggest excitement, however, is that given the weather we are headed into, there is only more to look forward to once Summer fully rolls in.
Until then, however, I raise my glass to you all.
Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment