Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Mountain Is A Mouth

Okay, so there is no refuting the fact that I had the most incredibly delicious, satisfying, satiating, savoury, succulent and otherwise perfect meal a few nights ago at Canoe in Toronto.  And while I wish more than anything to sit here and tell you all about the perfect pairing of foie gras and wine, something pressing this way comes, and so here I must wait, as this next bit simply must be shared, lest it be too late...

Bruce Peninsula:
1) a 400 million year-old landscape of beauty peaking out of the Niagara Escarpment, offering trails and adventure for thousands of visitors every year.

2) a 5-year collaborative effort of musical prowess and bellowing voices, culminating in a gospel-like sound that reminds of us of a soulful talent no amount of studio-based production could possibly reproduce.  These guys are legit.

Well, whichever you choose to see over the next 24-hours, I'm sure you won't be disappointed and for those choosing a pre-fall hike, I tip my hat and bid you safe travels.  For those geared up for a downtown romp in the shadows of greatness, I'll see you there! 

Taking the stage at EBar, with doors at 9:30, a cover of a mere $10, and support from Snowblink, the band will be making its much anticipated return to the stage in celebration of their sophomore album, Open Flames, which will be released October 4 of this year. 

It had certainly been a rough go for the band, with front man Neil Haverty battling through leukemia just before the album finished production; but in full-remission and with renewed ambition, they are back to bring us more of that fabulous brand of vocal dexterity. 

I know I put the all-call out there for many bands passing through our city, and all of them I stand proudly behind, but if you choose to heed the advice of only one recommendation from this site, please, see this show as that opportunity, you will not be disappointed.
\
And so on that note I leave you for the evening.  Many I hope to see tomorrow, but for all others, I will return to follow up on what can only be described as the best meal I've eaten in 4-years.

Cheers
-Phil

http://www.bruce-peninsula.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment