Thursday, December 23, 2010

Special Date and Time

Season's greetings all!

Only a few more sleeps until the music and joyous stress of the holidays are put to rest for another year, and we get to actually enjoy what it's all supposed to be about.
But what do we do between this day and that? I know there must be many a time-honored tradition amongst the people, but, for me at least, I always find this particular evening to be sort floating around with nowhere to go and nothing to see. It feels like a special day, most people are in a jovial mood and there's no work tomorrow, but yet it's not quite Christmas Eve so that baited anticipation isn't completely hooked. Well, for those in need of some out-of-the-house excitement, I'm pleased to share with you that the Guelph Farmer's Market is putting on a holiday event this evening from 6-10pm at City Hall.

Truth be told, I've no idea what to expect from this, but it somehow seems like the absolute perfect thing to do on a night with a question mark branded beside its number. Spend some time meandering the aisles, perhaps discovering that perfect last minute gift idea without tromping through the malls. Enjoy a brisk walk through the calm winter night's sky. Finish it off with a night cap or appetizers at The Cornerstone and you've got yourself an evening you didn't think would happen; it all just seems like a romantic adventure to me, but perhaps I'm just getting caught up in the Christmas cheer and spirit of the holidays. Oh well, there's nothing wrong with that either.


Maybe I'll see a few of you down there, maybe we can cheers over that night cap I was talking about. Whatever it is you decide to embark upon this evening, I hope it finds you well and stress-free. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
Phil

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be there but I'm here in good old Bellevegas! Have a great time. See you guys next week, perhaps :)

    ReplyDelete