Sunday, July 26, 2009

And so it begins

Welcome to The Locale, a place designed for the end of the day to learn a little something more about our own backyards; those spaces and places close by that perhaps we didn't know were there.

With so much going on in the day to day, it seems we hardly allow ourselves the time to appreciate those little moments where pleasure distracts us and wipes away the stresses of work and money and everything else that tenses up in that little ball at the nape of our neck. My goal through adventure and a little exploration is to take the time each day to massage that stress away and discover something new about the areas that surround us.

Whether it's a fine dining affair or a greasy spoon indulgence, a local band or a new-to-me hiking trail, I aim to share my experiences; pass them forward so that others may savor their rewards.

Of course I am no acclaimed critic and I post under no false pretenses. Though I have studied food and music, and know them both well, I can't for one second presume to think that your tastes will be the same as mine; but what I can at least hope for is that our adventurous natures are similar enough to give "new" a chance.

So check back in, I'll be updating often and hoping that you in turn will send some shout outs, recommendations, and critiques of your own. There's a whole world waiting outside the door, and by throwing out our maps, we can navigate to those places yet unknown.

Cheers all, we'll be talking soon.

2 comments:

  1. So you're from GUELPH!!!! I love that town. Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be waiting to hear your reviews of the Bancroft patio in the weeks to come! Although nothing but good things can be said of beer, pub grub and friends!!!

    Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete